MFCC is Malta's largest international conference and exhibition venue and offers a blank canvas for creating any kind of events. We are seeking to recruit ambitious, determined and motivated individuals to join our highly talented team. Interested candidates should submit their CV by email to: email@example.com
Sales Executive - MICE & Services
We are looking for an energetic, creative and personable individual to further strengthen our dynamic team. We are focusing on growing our MICE base together with further increasing our services to the industry above and beyond our venue.
- Sourcing, managing and growing current MICE clientele within our organization
- Cold calling to arrange meetings with potential customers to widen company services potential
- Gathering market and customer information
- Preparing sales proposals and presentations
- Overseeing event planning and management whilst handling client requests during events
- Have at least 1 year’s experience within the hospitality industry
- Have a strong command of the English language
- Have a proven track record of developing strong client relationships
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Have a persuasive ability together with a confident and outgoing personality
- Have the acceptance to work flexible hours and be present during events.
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the maintenance of the venue, premises, including all plant rooms and other facilities. He/She will also be part of the team to install and maintain the electrical wiring, fixtures, and systems for events, exhibitions, and the premises.
Maintenance Technician role will have oversight of in-house staff and outside service contractors. He/she will collaborate with the Operations foreman to whom he/she will be reporting to ensure operational efficiencies of the department during event and non-event periods.
This position calls for an individual who is interested in furthering their career within the events industry.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Installs and repairs electrical wiring, systems, and fixtures in for the events, exhibitions, and the premises.
- Installs conduits and pipes to house electrical wires and cables.
- Ensures wiring/piping complies with electrical codes.
- Installs circuit breakers and other electrical hardware and connects wiring to them.
- Connects electrical systems to powerlines to provide electricity to the events, exhibitions, and the premises.
- Tests electrical systems to ensure proper installation and operation.
- Inspects electrical systems to determine whether repairs are needed.
- Replaces conduit and wiring as needed.
- Replaces circuit breakers as needed.
- Maintains plant rooms
- Maintains grounds
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Monitor and ensure all policies, procedures and guidelines are followed by maintenance staff and 3rd party staff in daily work routines.
- Implement cost savings strategies that will not compromise quality and safety.
- Ensures all paperwork is completed correctly and submitted by staff in a timely manner.
- Other duties as deemed necessary or as directed.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Extensive knowledge of electrical systems and wiring.
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Proficient in the use of test meters and other diagnostic equipment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience:
- High technical school diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship and valid electrician’s license required.
- Must be able to see color to discern color-coded wiring.
- Prolonged periods standing, kneeling, bending, and climbing ladders or scaffolding.
- Must be physically capable of pulling wires and cables through conduits.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 kgs at a time.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous experience in a similar position.
- Be fluent in English, Maltese.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Hold an HTD Electrical or equivalent qualifications.
- Proven ability to plan and schedule works
- Be able to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Have good organisational skills.
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends and holidays
- Keep a record of sales and restock the store accordingly.
- Position stock items in designated areas around the store and greet clients to handle their requests.
- Ensure that the store is kept clean and organised.
- Must be organized and punctual.
- Well-presented and professional.
- Prior experience in our events industry would be advantageous.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Maltese and English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Accept to work within flexible hours.
- Provide manual labour and rigging services
- Operate forklifts, cherry pickers and other vehicles/equipment in a safe and efficient way according to instructions and Health & Safety regulations
- Carry out minor repairs and maintenance on all plumbing and electrical related equipment
- Perform other related ad-hoc duties, as required from time to time
- Must have previous experience in a similar position
- Be able to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Portray a professional image in line with the values of the Company
- Conversant with Health & Safety guidelines
- Possess time keeping skills and accept working within flexible hours
- Preferably in possession of forklift driving licence and having carpentry experience.